"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8




Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hallie update


Just wanted to give a Hallie update to all of you out there to keep you posted and also to ask for prayers for her as her sweet little body endures all of this. I will try to make it short...Hallie has started chemotherapy treatment, not for cancer, but for lupus or a lupus like syndrome they think she might have. Some tests have revealed that there are certain markers in her immune system that are upregulated and inflamed, which is causing her to have these daily fevers, fatigue, and now pain in the evenings. So the doctors believe that there is an auto-immune process going on in Hallie that was contributing to the strokes. Her blood had already tested positive for having some clotting tendencies, so this is a secondary factor that could be the root cause of these strokes, they think the auto immune response is causing inflammation in her blood vessels making the blood have even more trouble getting through. So Praise God for some answers. I don't like scary answers, but we had been seeking Him hard for an answer and a solution for little miss Hallie, so we sought the Lord and at this time believe the treatments to be that solution for her. She has had 4 strokes in her 4 short years, and that's just 4 too many for any kiddo to have. Thankfully, she has recovered what the strokes have tried to take from her. The most recent stroke was a smaller one that affected the muscles of her face, this happened 4 short weeks ago. I think most of you all knew about the other ones. So for now we are on the chemotherapy path of trying to suppress Hallie's immune system enough so that it will stop attacking itself and creating inflammation. She is such a trooper and is handling all this heroically. She is feeling fine most parts of the day. The evenings are harder on her, but she still trys to be trooper. We will be doing these treatments for 3 to 6 months and then go from there. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, so all you believers out there are welcome to join me in praying for a complete healing for her and for the enemy to keep his hands off of her! Thanks friends! Well, i said i would try to make it short. On a different note, I got my moby wrap in the mail today and can't wait to put our new little bundle of joy in it when she arrives. Baby H is going to be joyful distraction for our whole family, especially Hallie. The girls keep asking when she is coming and I keep reassurring them "soon" because mama's tummy can't get any bigger! Bye friends :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for letting me know about your blog! I'm resolved to blog more this year! Can't wait to see pics of your newest baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad you put this update on here. i have been wondering about your first little miss. i know you must be so scared at times. but i love your positive outlook and your complete trust in God's plan. it is very inspiring!

    wondering if you are stiiiillll pregnant today?!

    ReplyDelete