"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8




Sunday, December 5, 2010

Small Parable, Big Meaning

Hi there. So during my quiet time the other morning as I was flipping threw my Bible heading towards Ephesians, I happened across these words, The Peristent Widow. This quickly caught my eye and I felt drawn to read on. And thankfully I did, because this parable gave me so much hope, so much encouragement, and above all, an overwhelming sense of comfort in knowing that our God still speaks to us through His Word TODAY. Here's the parable from the Book of Luke, Chapter 18
The Parable of the Persistent Widow
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’
“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”
And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

WOW. I had chills when i read it because I felt like the Lord was directly speaking to me, telling me not to give up but to keep praying and that He would bring Hallie her justice; her healing. There have been times when fear comes in and I lose hope, but now I have this parable to remind me of God's promise that He brings justice to the persistent. So this day I choose to be "the persistent mother" who keeps bothering the judge to 'grant Hallie justice against her adversary'.
So if you are struggling with something or feeling discouraged, know that the Lord is calling you to press on and cry out to him and He will reward your persistence. Put your faith in Him and believe that He hears you and will bring forth your justice in due time. Let Him find faith on the earth.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good word ... I just want y'all to know that y'all are one of the most incredible families I know and I love you guys so much.

    Blessings,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! thanks for sharing! what an awesome reminder that persistence does not go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete