"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8




Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jesse Tree...you can do it!

To all you parents of young'uns out there....this is a fun holiday activity for the family that focuses on the true meaning of Christmas...a Jesse tree! You can find more about it here http://tiredneedsleep.blogspot.com/2010/11/advent-2010-printable-ornaments-and.html There are free printables for the ornaments, etc. We started last night, so it's not too late for you all to start. just catch up tonight. You print out the ornament, have your little one color it and then hang it on the tree that evening as you or your hubs reads the suggested scripture reading for the night. Each day builds on the previous night leading up to the birth of Jesus. In a world where the focus becomes quite blurry at Christmas, let's give our kiddos the joy of knowing the true meaning of Christmas and what that means for them eternally. Have a great day!
P.S. I tried to insert the ornament printable link up there, but it didn't quite work, so just copy and paste it and it should take you there.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! My sister handmade some beautiful ornaments for our Jesse tree last year. I had forgotten all about it until we were at our home group last night and were talking about making Christmas meaningful for our children! I better get going! I love that there are printables that the kids can color! now I've got to get our tree up!

    ReplyDelete